Renewing Our Wedding Vows

Feb 2, 2021


This year, Martin & I will be celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary, and 23 years of togetherness. Holy moly! And I could not be more excited to be renewing our wedding vows later this month. It's been a difficult year thanks to Covid, but it's also been a year that has cut life's distractions and allowed Martin & I to strengthen and grow our relationship in such wonderful ways. We've had countless heart-to-hearts, and really hunkered down to learn each others communication style. We're also currently doing the Alpha Marriage course and it's been such a fabulous addition to all we've been learning! 2020 is the year we deepened our love, started to work together as a team, and we're creating a marriage we're both incredibly proud of. Our marriage & bond has always been great, but unfortunately, poor communication habits have a way of eroding and distracting us from truly appreciating the person we're with. I'm so grateful for all we've learned!

So naturally, what better way to celebrate than with a vow renewal! We've decided to do a quiet ceremony with just the two of us, then we'll enjoy refreshments & a picnic (I'm spreading out fur blankets, all the pillows, and lighting a million candles) and then for part two of our ceremony we'll be heading down to the ocean the next morning. Yay! Have you renewed your vows? If so, I'd love to hear about it! I'll definitely try to take a few pictures along the way and share them with you. We're also planning on vow renewal photos with a photographer later this year, and to take a mini moon once it's safe to do so. If there's one thing this past year has taught me... it's to celebrate, all you can, whenever you can! xo



Photography by Veronika Novotny

2 comments

  1. Ah, so excited to hear more about how your vow renewal went! But in the meantime - congratulations, both of you. (And in particular to Martin for the truly fabuous ring selection.) Renewing our vows is not something that's really on our radar at the moment, although last year was a pretty big anniversary for us. I think, even ten years later, we're still reeling from all the fuss of our original wedding and not looking to leap in that direction again. But you never know what the future holds. And these days, I'm all for celebrating anything at all, because why not - there isn't anything else to look forward to aside from parties we create for ourselves and I feel like we're all learning to embrace that in our own unique ways. Happy Friday, my friend!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thats beautiful! My partner and I have been together almost 30 years and every day is a joy!!

    ReplyDelete