New Year, New Wishlist

Jan 21, 2020


Shop The Post:


A new year definitely calls for a new wish list. And I must say, I absolutely love them!! It keeps me motivated to save, work hard, and sets a reminder to treat myself. On that note, lately I've been feeling a little bit guilty over my love of fashion because I never want to come across as too materialistic, or like that's all I have to offer, or worse yet, I'd hate to promote manic shopping culture. Thanks to Instagram and YouTube I've become all too aware of just how much people shop and consume, and considering the state of our planet, I find it very alarming. But at the same time, I do believe in treating myself for birthdays and other special occasions. What's your take?

And speaking of birthdays?! This year, I'm excited to be heading back to Chanel (I last visited when I bought my wallet on chain last spring) and either purchase the classic Chanel double logo earrings, or the camila cardholder. Either way, I'll absolutely keep you posted! ;) I'm also very interested in trying the Chanel Hydra Beauty Masque - absolutely love the idea of an overnight mask to help hydrate & encourage glow. Plus, I'm so in love with the Valentino dupes, and the Celine dupes too, and I can't get enough of this puff sleeve sweater + this puff sleeve cardigan. What's on your wish list for 2020?!

3 comments

  1. As someone who has a running wishlist on their phone, I am right there with you about loving them - and I also think they help me to focus my shopping efforts on things that I want in the long term, rather than on things I just happen to see and decide, in the moment, that I absolutely need. (We're all been there.) I love seeing your Chanel selections on this list - so excited for our trip to the store later this year, should hopefully be finalising dates for our trip to Van this week! And those Celine dupes are just too good. I'm still really on the fence about how I feel about dupes in general, but I admit, those ones have me tempted. Happy Tuesday, my friend!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la Chanel! I'm already curious what's it going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I've been lurking on your IG Stories and watching this wishlist grow as you recovered from your flu. Hope you're feeling better!

    Love the look of the Chanel stud earrings, but as someone with sensitivities to certain metals I've never been able to bring myself to spend that much on a pair of earrings that are essentially costume jewelry. When I inquired about them in a boutique, the SA couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't have an allergic reaction either. So for now my everyday fine jewelry studs are these Tiffany T Smile earrings in gold.

    ReplyDelete