My Goals For 2021

Jan 20, 2021


Are you committing to any specific goals for 2021, friends?! No matter how big, or small, I always love having goals to work on. I feel like especially with all that's going on in the world, it's more important than ever! For me, feeling a sense of purpose, having tangible accomplishments (even if they're minuscule) is such a key component to mental health. If you've written out goals for yourself too?! I'd love to know what they are, so be sure to let me know in the comments below. Can not wait to start checking mine off & working on all the things. Yay! 

1. Make health a priority - I've done so much already! I stopped drinking last year, started working with an amazing naturopath, have kept up with my prescribed supplements, and I'm eating a mostly vegan & high protein diet. I'd also like to cut back on coffee, and opt for drinking tea in the morning instead - my poor adrenals & nervous system desperately need it. 

2. Commit to 4-5 blog posts per month - Providing my health can handle it, I'd love to commit to 4-5 blog posts per month. I'm still on partial bed rest and concerned that being too sedentary will hurt my overall recovery & stamina. While resting from a virus is great, too much rest can also lead to other health issues - it's a balancing act for sure. But for now, I'd like to commit to regular posting, and I'm honestly SO excited about it. Like get me the hell out of bed, please!! 

3. Organize & style my closet - I'm almost half way there. I recently downsized & re-organized my closet, and now I'd like to go through & style all my outfits for winter. I'm thinking I'll utilize the Cladwell app for that. Do you use it? It's the perfect way to discover outfits and keep yourself organized! 

4. Book regular social time - whether it's a Friday FaceTime call, or an occasional socially distanced picnic... I'd like to make my girlfriends a priority. I need it, we all need it. Can't wait to start this one! 

5. Work out every morning - and when I say workout?! Considering my current health situation, it will be very chill and consist of stretching & light yoga. I hope to keep it to 10 minutes a day and then tack on a few minutes every few weeks. It's crazy how much of my fitness level I've lost as a result of being sick. Both my cardio and muscle strength are completely shot, but eye on the prize, because I know I'll be able to rebuild my fitness levels again. 

As always, thanks for reading & supporting, friends. I honestly appreciate your readership and friendship so much. You've seen me through re-brands, numerous health problems and continually cheer me on - it means so much! Wishing you all a very productive (whatever that means to you) 2021. This is the year of no pressure, and no judgement. Am I right?!! xo

2 comments

  1. I always fail miserably at goals that I set for myself but I think a lot of that is due to me not being realistic about what I can actually manage. I like that your goals are all of a smaller, more daily nature so they're probably much more achievable. I need to start thinking that way.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, goal setting. I think because I work in such a structured corporate environment - I've already had to write a self-assessment of my performance in 2020, and in the next few weeks I need to write evaluations for everyone on my staff - I prefer to keep my personal goals more unstructured. That's not to say there aren't things I'm working towards; there always are. But I don't go through the exercise of sitting down to write them out at the start of the new year because to me, that feels too much like work! I'm loving these goals for you, though, particularly Friday FaceTime. Loved our chat yesterday and looking forward to many more this year :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete